Client scenarios have been
kept anonymous. In all cases, the clients are available as
references upon serious requests to seek specific insight
into how we can assist you and your organization.
In an increasingly complex environment, a national wholesale
distributor was experiencing declining growth and margin pressure.
The CEO wanted to shift Branch and Corporate leaders toward
more intense ownership and accountability for results, including
improved service levels, increased customer loyalty, improved
What we did:
- Branch Managers and department leaders completed a customized
"360" feedback survey, and confidential leadership
assessments were reviewed in one-on-one meetings with a
coach to develop an action plan.
- A leadership summit meeting was held to redefine and
operationalize "leadership" and "accountability."
This included safe but direct in-person sharing of feedback
among leaders, fine tuning of individual and team action
plans, and establishment of follow-up systems to support
- We facilitated interacting training in leadership and
- Each branch developed new quarterly business plans, with
new system for regular review and coaching by the CEO and
- New roles and responsibilities were defined and publicized
across the organization.
- Profitability increased across all branches.
- Key talent was retained, while others who would not or
could not make the cultural self-selected out.
- New, specific incentive plans were developed for Branch
Managers and deeper in the organization