Leadership and Organization Development Consultant, Executive
David has over 18 years of experience as a consultant, coach and
facilitator of leadership and team development processes. He has
worked in a wide range of organizations in both internal and external
consulting roles. His focus is in facilitating individuals, groups
and teams thru the process of reflection, learning and application
to real world challenges.
David has experience working in healthcare/ biosciences, retail,
Oil & Gas, energy and telecom industries, as well as in manufacturing,
Defense, Engineering and IT arenas. He has supported groups as diverse
as IT, Finance, HR and Legal to Sales & Marketing, Engineering,
Customer Services, and International Operations.
David has facilitated New Product Development Teams, Strategic
planning initiatives and led ERP Change Management Implementation
Initiatives. He has been a team member of a winning Malcolm Baldrige
Process Improvement / Quality initiative and traveled extensively
Internationally supporting international leadership & organization
Relevant Affiliations/Positions - brief highlights:
- David managed Leadership Development programs for the Center
for Creative Leadership, developed Outward Bound's Professional
Development Program in San Diego, and lead worldwide Employee
- In addition to his consulting practice and work with Leadership
DNA he teaches for the University of California San Diego and
the Centre for Organization Effectiveness
- David serves as President of the Cardiff Education Foundation
dedicated to raising $1,000,000 for excellence in elementary education.
- David co-edited a book on Experience-based Training & Development
for the Association for Experiential Education
Education & Training highlights:
- David has a Master's degree in Leadership from the University
of San Diego and a BA in Economics from the University of New
Hampshire with emphases in the Life sciences and Experiential
- David is certified in numerous psychological assessments and
multi -rater feedback instruments.
- David has been a trained facilitator and feedback coach for
the Center for Creative Leadership since 1991.
- David lives in the community of Cardiff-by-the-Sea with his
two children Sonnet Rose and Dakota. His wife Viola is a renowned
artist who creates living spaces & sunrooms of antique glass,
color and light.
- Exploring the mountains, oceans and deserts with family and
friends as well as, gardening, cooking, roasting great coffee
and enjoying fine wine are some of his extracurricular passions.
An interesting question he likes to ask:
"What part of 'you'
what 3 to 5% -- are you focused
on, and willing to develop and change within yourself? How would
success in this area impact your leadership style and overall effectiveness?"
Click here to see his answer