Leadership Consultant, Executive Coach
Drew has 20 years experience as a consultant, coach, and manager
in leadership positions. He has worked extensively with many executives
to maximize the impact of their leadership, and with their teams
to achieve breakthrough performance through others.
The foundation of Drew's coaching expertise lies in his extensive
training and experience dealing with behavior change, combined with
his practical experience as a results-driven senior executive in
Prior to founding LeadershipDNA in 1998, Drew held management positions
in marketing and strategy for two major medical device companies
(Guidant, Medtronic), plus four years as a chief congressional aid
in Washington, DC. His most recent executive position was as head
of Worldwide Marketing for the successful turnaround of a Medtronic
acquisition company, operating in 85 countries, where he led the
strategic planning process and re-engineered the process for customer
input to product development.
Drew has advised and coached dozens of senior leaders in Fortune
500, medium-sized, and start-up organizations. Leaders have consistently
appreciated his coaching style as "providing the right balance
of challenge and support - combining helpful structure for accountability
with open curiosity and insight to get to the underlying issues."
In his role as consultant, advising senior executives on the design
of change initiatives, he is relied on for his data-based approach
and practical insight. Clients often rely on Drew's experience and
expertise in human and group dynamics to facilitate strategic planning,
customer input, and challenging communications.
Specific clients whom he has helped include McKinsey & Company,
Alza/Johnson & Johnson, Vivra, IntraBiotics Pharmaceuticals,
Pfizer, Goldman Sachs, Leap Wireless, Qualcomm, Vx Capital, and Genentech/Roche.
- Teaches a course on Executive Leadership at the University of
California, San Diego
- Has served as adjunct faculty at the Center for Creative Leadership.
Education & Training:
- MBA, Stanford Graduate School of Business (1987)
- MA in Leadership from the Claremont Graduate School of Public
- BA, Dartmouth College (1980)
- Certified in a broad array of leadership and communication style
- Received focused training in Ontological Coaching for "Personal
and Professional Mastery", NLP Coaching, and Group Dynamics
- Completed extensive, multi-year curriculum in Human Potential,
Personal Growth, and Facilitation
- Stanford curriculum in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Qualifier for the US Olympic Luge Team (1980)
- Member of the National Championship Ski Racing Team in college
- Has traveled extensively worldwide
- Enjoys active athletics and outdoor adventure
- Speaks conversational Spanish and German
- Licensed private airplane pilot
- Resides in San Diego, California.
An interesting question he likes to ask:
"Who are your heroes, and why?"
Click here to see his answer