Kathy Fleming MA
Leadership Consultant, Executive Coach
Kathy Fleming brings over ten years of experience as a corporate
coach, consultant and trainer following a successful career as a
marketing manager for AT&T. She has partnered with major corporate
and government clients in varied areas including high tech, manufacturing,
public agencies, transportation and state and county government,
with clients such as AT&T, Illinois Power/Dynegy, State of Washington,
Office of Financial Management, County of San Diego, Hewlett Packard,
State Farm Insurance, and Exelon Energy.
The focus of Kathy's work recently has been on coaching teams and
individuals in communication and conflict resolution skills, and
the major changes involved in mergers and other transitions. Her
specialty is organizational development and human interaction, successfully
leveraging the resources inherent in groups to analyze needs and
solve business problems. Individuals whom Kathy has coached have
been engaged in projects to tap into their power and visibility
in their organizations, strengthen and clarify leadership skills,
and incorporate 3600 feedback to develop effective teams and organizational
Kathy's particular gift is joining with leaders at all levels to
move beyond limiting beliefs, to tackle their blind spots, and achieve
levels of greatness previously thought impossible. She supports
them to declare the future rather than predict it, take a stand,
make bold promises that they do not yet know how to keep, and fulfill
new realms of possibility based on their commitments. She works
with leaders to transform who they are being before they can transform
their organization. Through support, candor, clarity, feedback,
wisdom and enthusiasm, Kathy brings her whole self to the coaching
conversation. She reminds people of their greatness and supports
them in designing a context of power and possibility.
- Serves on the executive Committee of the San Diego Professional
- Coaches a non-profit organization dedicated to stopping violence
- Member American Society of Training And Development
Education & Training:
- Certified Professional Coach
- MA: Humanities/English from Pacific Lutheran University,
- MA: Applied Behavioral Science from the Leadership Institute
- Master Practitioner in NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming), an
advanced communication approach to coaching, training and consulting.
- Certified in Myers- Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), FIRO/Element
The Human Element and other assessment tools.
- Trains in Situational Leadership and Bridges' Managing Transitions.
- Lives with her husband and dog, Jazz in San Diego
- Has four grown daughters...all extraordinary!
- Has a passion for learning and growth of self and community
An interesting question she likes to
What is a blind spot that you have discovered about yourself
that each time you rediscover and overcome it, you have achieved
Click here to see her answer